Friday, February 19, 2010

My Favorite Game Genre and MMOG's!

My favorite types of video games are MMOG's (Massive Multiplayer Online Games). I have tried pretty much every big time MMOG and some low end ones. My favorite big time MMO is City of Heroes/Villains. My favorite Low-End MMO is currently S4 League or Megaten Online. City of Heroes/Villains isn't for everyone. I like COH/COV, because of its customization and PVP even though the developers screwed up the PVP, I'm hoping for the best by them fixing this major issue. S4 league is a shooter MMO thats fast paced and based on your ability to aim well. Megaten is a very unique game. In Megaten the goal of the game is to tame monsters and combine your monsters to create more powerful and cooler monsters haha. I haven't tried the pvp yet in this game nor I have played this game for awhile. The PVE is simple, but yet fun and addiciting. I dislike World of Warcraft for many reason if you were wondering why I didn't include WOW in my favorite MMOG's. My first reason is WOW's player base isn't very smart and think they are amazing when they are very terrible. Second people who think they are amazing at pvp on that game don't understand the concept of how the game's pvp is based off of who has the better armor than skill. Skill plays a very small part in this broken pvp system. Last, but not least I will say I like the arenas and wish mor egames would have arenas like WOW's or even a Battle Ground mode. I really hate how all the new MMO's are dissapointing by being very similar to MMO's before them... I am VERY sick of playing games like every other mmo where you just get skills with different names and thats it. Aion was NOT the first MMO with aerial PVP by far... City of Heroes is not based off of an aerial PVP game but still has it. I have now got myself venting so I'm going to stop before I make my teacher wait a week before I'm done. ^^

1 comment:

  1. WoW is poop IMO. I didn't really enjoy CoH for the short time I played it, but i must recommend MegaTen to any one who has a bit of spare time. The combat is quite similar to Mabinogi, but I enjoyed the skill system in MegaTen more so than Mabinogi, though the similarities are there. The demon system is quite good as well. If any one is up for trying it reply to this comment or post on my blog. We should meet up.

    ReplyDelete