Friday, January 29, 2010

Game Review 1

Hello, I just tested some of the other students from my Game Design Class and my favorite game was "3rd World Farmer". This game was a life simulation genre. It was based around a random generator of how good your crops and cattle does. Personally I think it was all luck due to the fact that the most odd "harvest season events" happen. For example: My other friend started out on turn 1 and put like 3 different forms of crops and they all died due to the random event simulator which left with enough money to have 1 crop. Even though his 1 crop was successful he lost profit from it somehow lol. I would limit the "effects" of the random event generator until like around lvl 15...I dunno how many levels there are so I'm just taking a guess. Graphics seemed fine in my opinion. All and all I had fun.

3 comments:

  1. Personally, i didn't like this game because the layout wasn't very good nor was the game it self very well planned out. It seems that if the person just threw it all togather within around a weeks time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was completely RANDOM! I HAD NEGATIVE MONEY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the game, but I also think that the random effect generator can make the game to difficult in the beginning. In the first seasons there should be little chance of negative effects and as the game progresses there should be more and more of a chance of getting negative effects instead of positive. That way the game progressively gets more difficult, which is the standard style of most video games, but atleast you would have time to build up a small farm and some currency.

    ReplyDelete